Business transcription services have become an essential part of running a startup. Without them, you’d be hard-pressed to find someone who can record and transcribe all of the meetings, phone calls, and emails that are important for keeping your business organised and growing. In this blog post, we’ll take you through what a business transcription service does for your startup, explain the benefits of hiring one, and outline the different types of businesses that need help with their recordings.
What is a business transcription service?
A business transcription service is a professional service that records and transcribes all of the content that your business products or services (e.g. “We conduct term papers on cybersecurity and business continuity,” “We provide on-site transcription,” etc.). Businesses use a business transcription service to record their incoming and outgoing phone calls, meetings, and other content, which the transcription service then sends to the appropriate team members for review, transcription, and editing.
The business transcription service may also organise and manage the content for you, preparing it for publishing on various platforms such as Google Drive, iCloud, and Dropbox.
What do businesses typically need from their business transcription services?
Businesses that produce content or provide services that are essential to the growth of their startup can benefit from the services of a business transcription service. Businesses that are considering hiring a business transcription service should ask themselves these questions:
- What types of content does your business produce?
- What is the flow of content in your company?
- What type of content does your startup need to be published?
Pros of Hiring a Business Transcription Service
Some of the pros are:
- Pays On-Demand: Most business transcription services charge per word or per minute, which makes it difficult to scale and leave room for customisation. One of the main reasons why so many businesses hire a business transcription service is because they can simply push a button and have their content ready for publication.
- Effective Marketing Communication: A good business transcription service will be able to record your meetings and alerts, and send them to your team so they can review them, if needed. This helps you to better understand what is happening in your company and how you’re doing as a team.
- Cost Effective: Some business transcription services charge a flat rate, which means that your content is always at the same price no matter how many pages you want printed or how many clients you have. This is great if you’re just starting out and don’t know how many pages you’ll need or if you only need a few pages of content.
- Better For internal Use Only: If you’re not planning on selling or giving the recordings to others, you should consider using a business transcription service for your startup. However, if you’re planning on taking your business public or want to make use of the services of a previous company that you managed, you should choose a different service.
Cons of Hiring a Business Transcription Service
- Non-Disclosure: Some business transcription services will require you to sign a contract that states that you will not disclose the content that you’ve recorded to anyone, even if you want to. This includes your attorneys, bank account numbers, and other sensitive information.
- Need to Purchase Content for All Teams: If you have a large team or want to record additional types of content (e.g. training sessions, remote trainings, etc.), you’ll have to purchase the content for all members of your team or purchase it on an as-needed basis. This can quickly become pricey.
Final Words: Should You Use a Business Transcription Service for Your Startup?
Businesses that are just starting out or have limited business volume may find that a business transcription service is not necessary. There are many startups that don’t need to hire a business transcription service to record their meetings, phone calls, and emails since they produce content on a regular basis. If you’re unsure whether or not you need a business transcription service for your startup, consider the following: If you conduct term papers on cybersecurity and business continuity, you don’t need a business transcription service. If you provide onsite transcription, you don’t need a business transcription service. If you have basic business needs and don’t need advanced features, you can hire a freelancer for affordable transcription service. However, if you want your startup to be successful, you need to hire a professional. We hope this blog post helped you look into the benefits of hiring a business transcription service for your startup.