The best retirement services for seniors vary depending on your situation. Some places offer many different housing and care options, while others only offer one or two. Some of the services offered in retirement residences include;
1) Meal Preparation Services: In many retirement homes, there are chefs on staff who can prepare meals according to the needs of individual residents. Specialized diets may be catered to as well. Meals are typically served buffet-style or via tray service into your room if you request. If you do not feel up to coming down for a meal, a meal may also be delivered to your room free of charge. Seniors must have access to healthy meals, so this program is a cost-effective way of providing food options.
2) Housekeeping Services: Many retirement homes offer housekeeping services regularly. This can be helpful to seniors who may not have family close by to help them with household chores. The cleaning staff will have your room in ship shape for you when they next come around.
3) Personal Care Assistance: Personal care assistance varies from home to home and depends upon the needs of individual residents. In some cases, personal care assistants are responsible for ensuring that senior citizens receive their medication at the appropriate times throughout the day and taking vital signs such as blood pressure and weight measurements. This service requires a high level of commitment from staff members who have been properly trained to support seniors during these physical activities.
4) Emergency Response System: A large majority of retirement residences offer an emergency response system that is monitored 24/7 by trained professionals should any medical emergencies arise while you are living in the home. When contacting the third-party company that monitors the system, operators will be able to call for help if necessary and direct it toward your unit within the building. The operator will also stay on the line until help arrives to assist as needed until paramedics or other emergency personnel arrive.
5) Recreation and Social Activities: One of the main reasons people move into retirement homes like Sorrento luxury retirement Home is access to social activities and opportunities for recreation. Most homes have a full calendar of events that residents can attend. This can include bingo nights and card games, arts and crafts sessions, movie screenings, and group outings. Participation in these activities can help promote community among residents and staff alike.
6) Laundry Services: Many retirement residences offer laundry services as part of their regular package of offerings. This can be helpful to seniors who may not have family nearby to help them with this task.
7) Barbery Services: Often, retirement homes will have a barber or stylist on staff to provide these services to residents. This can be helpful for those who may not have access to this type of service outside of the home.
8) Pet-Friendly Amenities: A growing number of retirement residences are becoming pet-friendly, which means that residents can have their furry friends live with them in the home. This can be a reassuring perk for those who do not want to leave their beloved pet behind when they move into a retirement residence.
These are just some of the many services offered at retirement homes. It is important to research different homes and find one that meets your specific needs and interests. Once you do, you can rest easy knowing that many of your day-to-day activities are already covered.
Read also: Benefits of Senior Living Community